Kansas residents have a wide range of choices when it comes to gambling online. Gamblers can play at many online casinos, poker sites, and sportsbook sites. Meanwhile, they have access to the famous mobile sports betting apps that appear in TV ads during US sporting events. It’s a golden age for Kansas online gambling.
Read the article below to learn about Kansas online gambling laws, which come with a timeline and history of Kansas’s recent gambling laws. We show how to gamble online for real money, while answering all the questions you have about Kansas land-based gambling. Finally, we offer lists of the online and land-based gambling sites in Kansas, while giving a Kansas online gambling FAQ if you have other questions.
Kansas Online Gambling Laws
Kansas online gambling laws have favored unlicensed and unregulated throughout the Internet Age until 2022. Since then, the state has had licensed mobile sports betting apps. Those who want to gamble online in Kansas casino sites and poker sites still operate in the offshore gaming market. Players should read gambling site reviews and find trusted, legit gambling sites before making a deposit.
Kansas sports bettors can gamble in the offshore online sports betting market if they choose. Offshore sports bettors are not punished under Kansas law, though operators who had servers in Kansas would be punished. If that sounds confusing, keep reading for the full scoop on gambling online in Kansas.
Gambling Availability in Kansas
Horse or Dog Racing
Best Online Casino
Wild Casino: 250% Bonus up to $5,000
Kansas Online Gambling Timeline & History
- May 14, 2018 – The US Supreme Court repealed the Professional and Amateur Sports Betting Act (PASPA), which had banned single-game sports bets in 49 US states. The SCOTUS decision cleared the path for Kansas and other states to legalize sports betting within their borders.
- May 2, 2022 – Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly signed into law SB 84, which made sports betting legal in the state. In doing so, Kansas became the 35th state to legalize sports betting.
- September 1, 2022 – Kansas launched sports betting in the form of mobile sports betting apps. Bookmakers like DraftKings, FanDuel, and Caesars each launched their own sports betting apps.
- December 2022 – Kansas generated $10.3 million in sports betting revenue, well beyond the record of $8 million in November 2023. With the NFL season reaching the playoffs, Kansas sports bettors’ attention was at an all-time high.
- February 2023 – Though Kansas had a sports handle of over $200 million in February, the state generated only $1,134 in sports betting tax revenues. That’s because the sportsbooks paid out huge amounts to Kansas sports bettors, who largely bet on the nearby Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl.
How to Gamble Online for Real Money in Kansas
If you have never gambled online for real money while in Kansas, here is a guide to get you started. The process listed below focuses on online casinos, but the tips apply to online poker sites and sportsbooks, too. Games, bonuses, and payment methods vary somewhat, but otherwise, the signup process is quite similar.
- Find Trusted Gambling Sites: Research and compare online casinos using casino reviews and player forums to ensure they are fair, safe, and trustworthy.
- Get a Casino Account: Sign up for a player account at the chosen casino site using personal information, including a photo ID for verification.
- Make a Casino Deposit: Log in to the account and deposit funds using various methods such as credit cards, debit cards, Bitcoin, web wallets, or bank wire transfers.
- Accept a Casino Bonus: Take advantage of welcome bonuses offered by the site for new depositors, which often include bonus cash and free spins.
- Read Rollover Terms: Review the bonus terms and ensure that you understand the wagering requirements before playing to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Play Real Money Games: Choose from a range of casino games, such as slots, scratch cards, keno, table games, and video poker. Keep in mind that different games contribute differently to the wagering requirement.
- Claim a Payout: Once the wagering requirement is met, request a withdrawal through the casino’s cashier page and wait a few minutes to a few days for the funds to arrive, depending on the withdrawal method.
The Best Online Casinos and Sportsbooks for Kansas Players
|Casino Name||Welcome Bonus||Gambling Niche|
|Wild Casino||250% up to $5,000||Best for Casino Games|
|Las Atlantis||280% up to $14,000||Best for High Rollers|
|SuperSlots||250% up to $1,000||Best For Slots Players|
|BetUS Casino||125% up to $2,500||Best for Sports Bettors|
|BetOnline||100% up to $1,000||Best for Poker Players|
Kansas Land-Based Gambling Industry
Kansas has a substantial land-based gambling industry. It allows commercial and tribal casinos, lottery gambling, charitable gaming, and sports betting. For the past 15 years, Kansas has not had pari-mutuel betting, horse tracks, or dog tracks. Otherwise, people can find most forms of land-based gambling in the state.
Does Kansas have land-based casinos?
Kansas boasts 11 casinos located in 10 different cities. Gamblers can gamble in the following ten Kansas cities and towns: Dodge City, Holton, Horton, Mayetta, Mulvane, Park City, Pittsburg, Powhattan, White Cloud, and Kansas City.
Does Kansas have legal betting tracks?
All pari-mutuel licenses for horse and dog racing have lapsed for the past 15 years and are now revoked. The last time Kansas conducted pari-mutuel racing was in August 2008. The time period for legal pari-mutuel betting was only from 1986 to 2008, so the industry never took hold. Simulcasting was added in 1992, but it lapsed in 2008 as well.
Does Kansas allow off-track betting?
Just like the legal betting tracks, Kansas also does not have off-track betting facilities. No OTBs ever existed in Kansas.
Does Kansas allow sports betting or fantasy sports?
In 2022, Kansas launched sportsbooks with mobile sports betting apps. In 2015, Kansas made an exception for fantasy sports. Since then, paying to enter fantasy sports leagues is no longer considered a “bet”.
Does Kansas allow charitable gaming?
The Charitable Gaming Administrator, a division of the Kansas Department of Revenue, oversees the state’s charitable gaming. Since the passage of House Bill 2194 in 2018, licensed nonprofits can offer instant bingo vending machines. In 2022, the prize limit for regular casino bingo games was raised to $1,490. Bingo application fees run from $25 to $5000 (plus a $1000 bond), while raffle license fees range from $25 to $100.
Does Kansas allow lottery betting?
After voters approved lottery betting with 64% support in November 1986, the legislature passed the Kansas Lottery Act in 1987. Ticket sales began in 21 cities in 1987. The Kansas State Lottery joined the Powerball multi-state lottery association in 1988, while it joined the Mega Millions lottery in 2010.
Is social gambling allowed in Kansas?
Private home games are not raided, though organizers should not charge a rake or other fees associated with private poker games. Charities can conduct raffles, poker tournaments, and Casino Nights as fundraising events. Kansas bans Quarter Pushers, skill stop machines, and Cherry Masters machines.
What is the legal gambling age in Kansas?
The legal gambling age for lottery betting and charitable gaming is 18 in Kansas. The legal gambling age for land-based casino gambling and sports betting is 21 in Kansas. If you want to sign up for an offshore online gambling site, you must be 18 or older.
Kansas Land-Based Casinos and Bingo Parlors
|Boot Hill Casino and Resort||Dodge City||700 gaming machines, 18 table games, 5 poker tables|
|Prairie Band One Stop||Holton||61 gaming machines|
|Golden Eagle Casino||Horton||500 gaming machines, 9 table games, bingo hall|
|(blackjack, craps), $0.05 to $1 progressive slots|
|7th Street Casino||Kansas City||587 gaming machines|
|Hollywood Casino at Kansas||Kansas City||2,000 gaming machines, 41 table games,|
|Speedway||12 poker tables, sportsbook|
|Prairie Band Casino & Resort||Mayetta||1,194 gaming machines, 25 table games, bingo hall|
|(IGT Megabucks, IGT Wheel of Fortune, IGT Wheel of Gold)|
|Kansas Star Casino||Mulvane||1,825 gaming machines, 43 table games,|
|8 poker tables, sportsbook|
|Crosswinds Casino||Park City||700 gaming machines, 200 electronic bingo games|
|Kansas Crossing Casino||Pittsburg||625 gaming machines, 16 table games|
|Sac & Fox Casino||Powhattan||525 gaming machines, slots, video poker|
|240-seat bingo halls|
|Casino White Cloud||White Cloud||380 gaming machines, slots, video poker|
|3 electronic table games, 500-seat bingo parlor|
Online Gambling Kansas FAQ
Is online gambling legal in Kansas?
Online gambling is legal in Kansas, though the state’s gambling laws are complicated. Kansas gamblers can bet online at offshore online casinos and poker rooms, which accept players from any US state. Because offshore gambling sites’ servers are beyond US jurisdiction, they can accept Kansas players without blowback. Kansas officials have never punished individual residents who gamble online, so that is not likely to happen in the near future. If citizens launched their own gaming portal, they would be prosecuted; gambling online is not prosecuted.
Online sportsbook betting laws are more complex. While Kansas residents can gamble online at offshore sportsbook sites, they also can play at the licensed and regulated mobile sports betting apps. Both offer a full range of sports bets, including live in-play betting.
Can I legally gamble at online casinos in Kansas?
Yes. Offshore online casinos accept real money play from Kansas residents, while legal authorities do not punish these activities. Residents who gamble online for real money in Kansas do not face charges or prosecution, though a Kansas citizen would be prosecuted if they launched a gambling portal. Kansas online casinos feature hundreds of online slots, table games, specialty games, and live casino games. They offer thousands of dollars in bonus cash, plus the option to fund your account with a full range of banking methods.
Can I gamble for real money at online sportsbooks in Kansas?
Online sports bettors can play at offshore bookmaker sites in Kansas. While these are not regulated by Kansas authorities, they accept sports bettors from Kansas and offer a comprehensive list of sports betting markets. Offshore online sportsbook sites have bigger welcome bonuses, risk-free bets, and more banking methods. Kansas sports bettors also can sign up at the licensed mobile sports betting apps. These have full legal protections and up to 30x in bonus bets.
Can I gamble at online poker sites in Kansas?
Online poker players can sign up at offshore poker sites without legal issues. While online poker sites are not regulated by US or Kansas officials, they are audited and licensed by respected international gaming regulators. These sites offer Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and Seven-Card Stud while organizing cash games, big tournaments, and sit-and-go events. Sign up and make a deposit for hundreds of dollars of poker bonuses.
How do I gamble online in Kansas using crypto deposits?
Kansas players can use crypto deposits at top offshore online casinos, poker rooms, and sportsbooks. These sites accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin SV. New signups often receive generous Bitcoin welcome bonuses. Popular sites include Wild Casino, Slots of Vegas, and Planet 7 Casino, which offer a range of games such as slots, blackjack, roulette, and live dealer games — and often even sports betting and poker.
How to Gamble Online in the United States