Trump Plaza Hotel Casino has been operating for over 14 years in Atlantic City under Trump Entertainment Resorts corporation. It is located between Boardwalk and Mississippi Avenue, next to Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall. Trump Plaza is one of the three Atlantic City casino hotels to receive the Five Star Diamond award; the other two are its sister properties Trump Marina and Trump Taj Mahal. The hotel building has 39 floors with over 900 standard rooms and suites. Trump Plaza has all the attractions of a major AC casino resort, such as: gourmet and casual restaurants, shops and boutiques, Olympic-size indoor pool, spa and fitness center, entertainment venues and an innovative casino with Atlantic City’s first automated Poker tables.
The Rooms at Trump Plaza AC
Trump Plaza has 762 standard rooms and 142 suites. All rooms include in-room safe, refrigerator, coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee and the option to pay for movies, digital music and Nintendo games.
Deluxe Room: spacious standard room with king size or two double beds. Ocean side rooms have great view of the shore through their wall-size windows.
Executive Suite: 530 square feet suite with two separate rooms: bedroom and living area. The living room features comfortable seats and a sofa.
Contemporary Suite: 700 square feet suite with impressive views of the ocean and Boardwalk. Features a full wet bar and two marble baths.
Premium Suite: over 700 square feet suite with plasma television, large shower area, and wide windows affording great views of the ocean and the cityscape.
Penthouse Suite: 940 square feet luxury suite with its own fireplace, two plasma TVs, spacious living area in loft-style design.
Shopping at Trump Plaza
Trump Plaza offers its own small collection of boutiques and gift shops within the main hotel building. However, the hotel is within walking distance to two shopping malls: The Pier Shops and The Walk – Atlantic City Outlets.
Dinning and nightlife at Trump Plaza
Trump Plaza Atlantic City has mostly casual restaurants for your meals. There are only 2 fine dining restaurants for those looking for higher-end cuisine. After dinner, Trump has a bar and one nightclub for late night entertainment.
- 24 Central Café – serves seafood, steaks, Asian cuisine, desserts and cakes plus a big list of Martinis. Opens daily, 24 hours a day.
- The Broadway Buffet – offers everything from local to international cuisine. Opens daily, prices start at $14.
- Rainforest Café – with exotic interior design resembling a tropical jungle, serves pastas, seafood, steaks, burgers, chicken and their signature Volcano dessert.
- EVO – serving contemporary versions of traditional Italian dishes. Entrees start at $22.
- China Café – serving food from the Far East. Has a Noodle and Sushi Bar. Provides nice views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Café Sbarro – serving typical Italian dishes like lasagna, ziti, sausage rolls, and pizza in a very casual environment.
- Roberto’s Ristorante – provides an intimate environment with views of the seaside. Serves homemade pasta, grilled meats and seafood. Normal entrees go for $20, specialties start at $35.
- Max’s Steakhouse – serving seafood, duck, veal, and award-winning steaks. Located on the 6th floor of Trump Plaza.
- Liquid Bar – located near the Boardwalk entrance next to the escalators. Stylish bar and lounge serving cocktails, wine, beer and drinks. Open on weekends till 4am.
- Jezebel’s – Open 24 hours, 7 days a week, located near the casino floor. With long menu of cocktails, this club offers wide screen TVs displaying sporting events and occasional live music.
Casino action at Trump Plaza AC
The Trump Plaza’s casino offers over 80,000 square feet of lively casino action. There are a total of 90 table games like Blackjack, Spanish 21, Craps, and Roulette. The casino games are separated into two main areas. The main casino floor has a more sophisticated look with overhanging chandeliers while the East Tower casino area is decorated with abundant plants and is absolutely smoke-free.
Trump Plaza has become the first Atlantic City to install the automated “PokerPro” tables. Since June 2008 the casino has incorporated 12 of these new poker tables that require no human dealer; the hands are dealt electronically and are viewed on a monitor in front of each player. This has speed up the game, allowing players to play more hands per hour. The new poker room on the East Tower casino offers various large plasma TVs displaying sports and a selection of Video Poker machines such as Five Play/Ten Play Poker, Wheel Poker and Multi-Strike Poker.
Blackjack fans can enjoy weekly $1,000 BJ tournaments held every Wednesday. There is no buy-in fee.
There are also many daily cash giveaways and sweepstakes for players on the casino floor of Trump Plaza.
Slot Machines at Trump Plaza Casino
Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino offer 2,800 slot machine games. They have most denominations going from penny up to $100 slot machines. The Fifth Avenue Slot area holds the high-limit slot machines; the minimum denomination here is $1. Some of the jackpots on this more exclusive slot parlor go up to $1,000,000.
Trump Plaza casino holds weekly $1,000 Slot Tournaments on every Thursday.
Here’s a sample list of slot machines that you can find at Atlantic City’s Trump Plaza:
Mega-jackpot slot machines:
- Wheel of Fortune
- Power Ball
- Top Gun
Progressive Jackpot slot machines:
- Jackpot Party
- Joker Poker
- Hot Shot Slots
- Deal or No Deal
Fifth Avenue parlor slot machines:
- Double Diamond
- Blazing 7’s
- Triple Diamond Deluxe
- Crazy Winners
- Wheel of Fortune
- Black and White