Peppermill Reno is a casino resort located 2 miles south of downtown Reno, Nevada. The Peppermill resort began as a small coffee shop and lounge in 1971. By 1980, the small business had turned into a small casino and motor lodge. Over the following years, Peppermill Hotel and Casino underwent many expansions and has now become one of Reno’s most noteworthy casinos. In 2002, Peppermill Reno was voted as one of the “Top 10 Casinos in America” by MSN.com. Today, Peppermill Reno offers over 1,600 guest rooms, several award-winning restaurants, 17 lounges and bars, a 62,000 square feet event center, two seasonal outdoor pools, spa and fitness centers, an arcade club and a gift shop. Peppermill Reno features nearly 80,000 sq. feet of gaming space and has some of the most certifiably loose slot machines in Reno. Overall, this casino resort has been showered with over 100 awards by gaming magazines and polls such as Casino Player and Strictly Slots Magazines, and the Reno Gazette-Journal Poll.
Recommended Online Casinos
|#||Casino||Signup Bonus||Start Here|
|1||Slots of Vegas||250% up to $2500|
|2||Planet 7 Casino||250% up to $2500|
|3||Las Atlantis||280% up to $14,000|
|4||Super Slots Casino||250% up to $6000|
|5||BetUS Casino||125% up to $2500|
Peppermill Reno Accommodations
There are over 14 different room and suite types at the Peppermill. The rooms and suites are distributed in 3 different buildings: Peppermill Tower, Montego Bay Wing and the new Tuscany Tower.
- The Peppermill Guest Roomshave been voted as Reno’s Best for many years in a row. The rooms’ interior is elegant and spacious. Guest rooms come with common hotel amenities: hair-dryer, iron, clock radio and pay-per-view movies.
- The Peppermill Guest Suites range from 390 to 1,200 square feet in size. The guest suites have upgraded bedding, an in-room refreshment center, a fax machine, Jacuzzi tubs, and sitting areas.
- The Peppermill Super Suites are special-themed suites that reach an overwhelming 5,000 square feet in size. The interiors feature designer furniture, marble floors and mosaic murals. These upper-class suites have several LCD televisions, large Jacuzzis, full wet-bar, and separate dining and sitting areas.
Montego Bay Wing
- The Montego Bay Wing Rooms feature 42″ plasma TVs, in-room refreshment center, and 24-hour room service. Rooms are around 300 square feet in size.
- The Tuscany Tower Suites were inaugurated in 2007. Suites range from 550 to 2,200 square feet in size. All are furnished with lush interior and custom-made designs, cordless telephones, 42″ plasma television, iPod docking station, and large bathroom tub.
Dining experience at Peppermill Reno
Peppermill Reno offers the following selection of fine and casual dining restaurants:
- Steak House: serves prime Midwestern aged beef and seafood dishes. Main courses start around $30.
- Romanza Ristorante Italiano: Set in classical roman ambiance, receives awards regularly by Wine Spectador and Casino Player Magazine. Serving Mediterranean and Italian dishes starting at $16. Open daily till late in the evening.
- White Orchid: Menu features a fusion of contemporary cooking. It has received many awards, such as the Four Diamond Award by AAA and the Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s Award of Unique Distinction. Features over 10,000 bottles of wines. Dinner entrees start at $35.
- Biscotti’s Restaurant: Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu offers delights from all over the world such as gourmet pizzas, noodles, seafood, sandwiches and much more. Main courses begin around $10.
- Coffee Shop: Has been running for over 30 years in Reno. Serves everything from Eggs Benedict to Oriental cuisine. Voted Best Coffee Shop by Reno Gazette-Journal, Casino Player Magazine and Nevada Magazine.
- Island Buffet: Peppermill’s buffet is open daily and dinners start at $17.99 for adults and $10.99 for children. Themed buffets change throughout the week.
- Oceano: Specializes in seafood but also serves salads, chicken and sushi. The decorations are colorful, resembling an underwater environment. Open daily.
Amenities at Peppermill Reno
The Peppermill has just inaugurated a second outdoor pool in August 2008. The pool area comes with hot tubs, fountains and a bar area.
The Fitness Center is available for all guests for a $10 daily fee. The center features over 25 cardio machines, a weight room, and an aerobics/yoga room.
Peppermill is currently expanding its Salon and Spa center, turning it into a 3-story relaxation haven. There will be 24 treatment rooms for body massages, aesthetic services and sauna cabins.
The kids can find over 100 arcade and ticket games at the new Arcade Xtreme center. The fun center can be booked for birthdays and special events.
The Award-Winning Peppermill Reno Casino
Few other casinos have received so many awards as the Peppermill Casino in Reno. Some of them include:
- Best Casino – by Casino Player Magazine, Strictly Slots Magazine and Reno News & Review
- Best Casino Customer Service – by Reno News & Review
- Best Theme – by Casino Player Magazine
- Best Table Games – by Reno Gazette-Journal
- Best Blackjack – by Casino Player Magazine
The casino comprises 80,000 square feet of flashy, pinkish and purplish gaming space. It features thousands of neon lights with whales, stars and planets twinkling from the ceilings and walls. There are 48 table games for Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker and Baccarat.
Peppermill’s Poker Room has daily poker tournaments for Texas Hold’em. The Peppermill Poker Room was named one of the top 25 in the country by Poker Digest.
The casino also has Keno and Sport Book parlors open till 10pm.
Peppermill Reno Slot Machines
There are over 1,900 of the latest slot machines at Peppermill’s casino in Reno. Most of the machines have a reported 99% or better payback. All the machines operate with the ticket-in and ticket-out system. There are all denominations ranging from penny to $100 slots. Across the Oceano restaurant, the Barracuda Beach parlor has a large collection of penny video slots.
Peppermill Casino slots have received many awards such as:
- Loosest Slots – by Reno Gazette-Journal
- Best Slots – by Casino Player Magazine
- Best Slot Tournaments – by Casino Player Magazine and Strictly Slots Magazine
- Best Variety of Slots – by Strictly Slots Magazine
- Best Reel Slots –by Casino Player Magazine & Strictly Slots Magazine
To many slot-fans dismay the Peppermill no longer has the Wheel of Fortune or Megabucks slot machines.