John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino Resort – John Ascuaga’s Nugget Slot Machines
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino Resort and Slot Machines.
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino Resort Slots
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino Resort began in 1955 as a small 60 seat coffee house with just a few slot machines. Today, the casino resort has expanded to become a 29-story entertainment resort with over 1,500 rooms and one of the largest casinos in Northern Nevada. Ascuaga’s Nugget is located 4 miles east of downtown Reno, in the city of Sparks. The resort features award-winning restaurants, an indoor swimming pool, a salon & spa center, a health club, a gift shop, an arcade fun center, a wedding chapel and several entertainment venues. John Ascuaga’s Nugget has nearly 85,000 square feet of gaming space plus a huge collection of slot machines.
Accommodations at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Resort
John Ascuaga’s Nugget has two main hotel buildings, the East and West Towers. All rooms come with luxurious interior designs and nice views of Sierra Nevada Mountains. Guests may have a hard time choosing which of the 11 standard rooms and suites will best fit their needs. Here’s a short guide of what you’ll find with each room type:
- Deluxe East Tower Room: Recently remodeled guest rooms with 42″ flat screen TV, coffee maker, sitting area and large presidential mattress.
- Executive Level Room: Located on the top floors with impressive views of the mountain range and the city. Comes with two Queens or a King bed, coffee maker, blow-dryer, iron/ironing board, desk and dining area.
- Deluxe Tower Hospitality Suite: Complete suites with separate living and bedroom areas. Features full wet bar, refrigerator, sofa, sitting area, coffee table and a 42″ plasma TV.
- Deluxe Tower Room: Comes with two queen-size beds or one King bed. Features a desk and 2-seat dining area. Amenities: hair-dryer, iron/ironing board and WiFi Internet for a small fee.
- Club Level Room :These more luxurious rooms are located on the 28th and 29th floors. The rooms come with lavish bedding for two Queens or one King bed. Features the same amenities as Executive Level Room.
- Petite Suite Queen/King: Features nearly 800 square feet of living space and comes with loveseat, dining set and a desk. Marbled bathrooms have double vanities and walk-in shower.
- Spa Suite King – One of the largest rooms at the Nugget. With large sitting area featuring a full sofa, desk and two-seat dining set plus a Jacuzzi tub.
- Deluxe Tower Hospitality Suite: Featuring living room area with wet bar, refrigerator, dining table for four, desk, and flat screen TV. The large bathrooms have its own TV plus a tub with jetted water.
- Deluxe Tower Suites: Are nearly double the size of a standard room, features an integrated bedroom and living area with dining set, sofa, desk, bar, refrigerator and flat screen TV.
- Courtyard Room: Located in a five-story building attached to the two main towers. Rooms have their own check-in reception and parking. Rooms come with cable TV, shower and tub, complimentary coffee and access to the seasonal pool.
Dining at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Resort
Several restaurants at the Nugget have received the 2007 Wine’s Spectator Award for Excellence. Guest can find casual and formal environments for 9 different dining options. Restaurants serve a wide variety of cuisine, ranging from American-styled buffets to Far East cooking.
You can find the following restaurants at the Ascuaga’s Nugget Resort:
- The Steakhouse Grill
- Trader Dick’s
- Restaurante Orozko
- John’s Oyster Bar
- Rotisserie Buffet
- Rosie’s Café
- Noodle Hut
- Gabe’s Pub and Deli
- Starbucks Coffee
Entertainment and Relaxation
The Ascuaga’s Nugget resort has a complete set of activities so guests can relax and enjoy their stay.
- The Atrium Indoor pool is cost-free for all guests and also features bubble tubs and Jacuzzis. Open daily from 6am to 10pm.
- Chonne’s Salon and Spa opens 7 days a week from 9am to 6pm. Reservations are not necessary but recommended. The center offers anything from waxing and facials to massages and body wraps. Special packages with several services start at $160.
- Skywalk Arcade is destined to entertain youngsters with simulation and redemption games, basket-ball hoops, a batting-cage and air hockey. Open daily from 6am to 6pm.
- Celebrity Showroom hosts celebrities and famous bands sometimes free for guests at this 700-seat concert hall.
- Rose Ballroom can seat nearly 2,000 spectators for year-round concerts and performances.
- Casino Cabaret has entertainment shows near the casino action from Thursdays to Sundays.
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino
The Ascuaga’s Nugget casino offers nearly 50 tables for the following popular casino games: Blackjack (single, double, and multi-deck), Blackjack Switch, Mini Baccarat, Craps, Roulette, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker and Let It Ride.
The casino also has a non-smoking Poker room with daily freerolls and Texas Hold’em tournaments.
The John Ascuaga’s Nugget casino comes complete with a Leroy’s Sports and Race book and a Keno parlor. There is even a Bingo game room with six daily sessions starting at 11am.
Players can sign up for free for John’s Club loyalty program and can receive cash-convertible points for their casino play.
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Slot Machines
There are over 1,400 of the latest slot machines at the casino. The slot games can be played with pennies or with up to $100 per spin. There are 6 free slot tournament held every Wednesday from 2pm to 7pm. First place receives $300 cash prize.
The highest jackpot win recorded in the last few years was a $449,338.73 jackpot won in 2005 at the 25¢ Wheel of Fortune Slots.
Here’s a sample of the video, IGT and progressive slot machines John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino currently has:
- Blazing 7’s
- Star Wars
- Millionaire Sevens
- Fort Knox
- Game King Multi-Game
- Video Megabucks
- Coyote Moon
- Wheel of Fortune Special Edition
- Triple Double Bonus
- Gold Fish
- Men in Black
- Ocean’s Deep
- Flip Flop Deluxe Slots
- Triple Diamond Video Slots
- Denver Duck
- Dancing Dolphins
- Five Times Pay
- Hexbreaker Video Slots
- Treasures of the Acropolis
- Bucks Ahoy
- Lighthouse loot
- Carnival of Mystery
- Shake your booty
- The Twilight Zone
- Triple Stars