Boomtown Hotel and Casino is a holiday resort is located near the Crystal Peak golf course at Verdi, Nevada; just 10 miles west of Reno’s downtown area.Boomtown Reno has been running for over 40 years as a holiday destination for the whole family. This Western-themed hotel features 318 guest rooms and suites plus a RV park for 203 vehicles. The resort also has several restaurants and bars, an outdoor swimming pool at the RV Park, a 30,000 square feet children entertainment center, 10,500 square feet venue for meetings and a casino with the most popular table games, slot and poker machines; plus Keno and a new Poker Room. Boomtown Hotel and Casino is owned by Pinnacle Entertainment, a major international gaming corporation.
Accommodations at Boomtown Reno
All the rooms at Boomtown are close to the casino action. Guests at the RV Park may take advantage of a free shuttle service to the casino area. All rooms and suites range from 285 and 300 square feet in size. Standard guest rooms and suites feature luxury bed linings, iron and ironing board, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, a small refrigerator, and a task table. There are both smoking and non-smoking rooms for the following room types:
- The South Tower Classic Queen – with views of the interior spaces of the hotel, elegant shower and old west themed decorations.
- The South Tower Classic King – features king size bed, a plush bathroom mat and upgraded linings and pillows.
- The South Tower Deluxe Queen – features two queen sized beds and views of Sierra Nevada’s mountains.
- The South Tower Deluxe King – with one large king size bed and sitting area with views of the mountain range.
Dinning and going out at Boomtown Reno
Boomtown Reno Hotel has three restaurants, one café and four western-themed bars.
- Cassidy’s Steakhouse – serves 100% USDA Choice steaks and beef. Serving everything from 32oz ribs and steaks to seafood, pasta and poultry. Open Wednesday through Sunday from 5 p.m. Main courses start a $20
- Sundance Café – serves appetizers, salads, pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, plus seafood and beef as entrees, starting at $10. Serving breakfast as well.
- Silver Screen Buffet – preparing buffets with food from all over the world. Differently themed buffets each day. Open Friday through Tuesday from 10am to 8pm.
- Starbucks – world-famous café, serving signature coffee drinks, tea, smoothies, and pastries.
- Cactus Bar – Located in front of the Silver Screen Buffet, this bar serves food and drinks with cactus sculptures around its floor. Features Video Poker machines.
- Six Shooter Saloon Bar – serves drinks in an intentionally old-fashioned cowboy ambiance. With bar-top Video Poker machines.
- Snake Bar – near the casino’s table games, a unique bar with snakes’ tile designs.
- Cassidy’s Bar – part of Cassidy’s Steakhouse restaurant, servings cocktails and fine wines.
Family Fun at Boomtown Reno
Boomtown Reno features an exclusive entertainment area for kids and adults alike. Boomtown’s Fun Center offers 30,000 square feet of arcade games, climbing-wall adventures, a flight simulator, 3-D Movie Theater, and a black-light mini-golf course. Seasonal packages are available as well as all-inclusive passes.
Boomtown Reno has 42,000 square feet of gambling action. They feature 30 table games like Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Let it ride, and Pai Gow. The casino has received several awards from gambling magazines such as the #1 Blackjack Beat The Dealer award by Blackjack Confidential Magazine for northern Nevada.
Boomtown Reno has recently added a smoke-free Poker Room to their casino. There are daily Poker tournaments and special poker jackpots for high-raking hands.
The casino also offers two Keno stations and can even be played from the hotel rooms by watching channel 3 on the room’s television. Prizes go up to $20,000 for a 70 cents ticket.
Boomtown currently has the Bonus Club card for guests that sign up for their loyalty club. Membership is free and rewards include discounts for rooms, restaurants, the Fun Center, and even free gasoline fill-ups for your car.
Slot machines at Boomtown Reno
Boomtown’s casino has over 1,100 slots and video poker machines. Strictly Slots magazine has rated Boomtown’s casino #1 for their video poker machines.
Boomtown slots have high progressive jackpot prizes. The $5 Wheel of Fortune progressive jackpot is currently around $1,700,000 and climbing. The Double Triple Diamonds machine has a $50,000+ jackpot. The Penny Train penny-slots offer big jackpots for players on a limited budget. There are several IGT Mega-bucks and Wheel of Fortune machines competing for Nevada’s state-wide progressive jackpots.
There are Slot tournaments held every weekend. Entries for the tournaments are free for Bonus Club cardholders. The top prize is $500.
Some of the available denominations for slot machines are:
- 142 penny Slots
- 40 nickel Slots
- 129 quarter Slots
- 107 dollar Slots
- 29 five-dollar Slots
- 2 ten-dollar Slots
- 3 twenty-five-dollar Slots
- 457 multi-denomination Slots
The $25 Slot machines are the highest limit slots at Boomtown Casino.